Monday, 6 February 2012

Animation Week 1

My task was to create a ball animation in Maya, I began searching for tutorials on YouTube and then started to animate my ball, at first I felt the timing for wrong and I used squash and stretch too much. It didn't look realistic enough.


I tried to make improvements in the animation below, it looks less floaty and has some force when the ball is falling towards the ground, maybe too much, this is something I need to work on.


For the session task we got into small groups of four, one person marking the results, one bouncing the different balls, one timing the tests with a stopwatch and me filming the actions of how the ball reacts in different ways.

test results
                                         



Now with some Video and YouTube reference I was able to start working on my first task which is to create 2 different ball animations, I decided to do a basketball and a bowling ball, then I added the characteristic squash and stretch ball to the scene. This video shows comparison between the 3 different balls.



Some Reference videos;



No comments:

Post a Comment