Monday, 23 April 2012

Animation Week 11

This week I continued with the final project, the tennis animation.

Firstly I set up the key poses for the first part of the animation which is the character bouncing the ball a few times before hitting it. This is not complete however, I noticed the hand movements in this are not realistic, the character bouncing the ball with the palm of his hand like its a basketball, when really he needs to hold it for a short while then drop it to bounce back up and again... the hand also needs to grip the ball, so these points are what I will be working on before the deadline.


I then continued to set up the key poses and create a block-out animation, some parts are robotic-like which need smoothing out, I kept looking back at the video reference to try and identify the pose was correct on the correct frame or it wouldn't look right at all. 
One thing I did notice however was the eye contact stays in one place, this is something I need to change so he keeps his eye on the ball at all times. I also used the parenting tool for the character holding the tennis racket so whenever his hand moves his racket will as well which was very helpful because Nadal is holding it throughout the video.
There are loads of points to improve on, such as how the body turns when he is anticipating to hit it, on the block-out his body doesn't rotate enough, also the fact that he doesn't jump high enough when hitting it is something I need to look at too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment